Day 1 – Thursday (November 10, 2011)
08:10 – Estimated Time of Departure from NAIA 3 (Fight No: 5J 637)
09:30 – Estimated Time of Arrival at Puerto Princesa Airport
10:00 – Check-In at Ysabelle Mansion
11:00 – Meet the tour guide driver at the hotel lobby. Proceed to Sta. Lourdes Wharf for Honda BayIsland Hopping Tour.
11:30 – Arrive at Sta. Lourdes Wharf. Proceed to the tourism desk to arrange for the boat.
MAIN ACTIVITY: HONDA BAY ISLAND HOPPING (DIY)
PAMBATO CORAL REEF
05:00 – Scheduled boat ride back to Sta. Lourdes wharf
06:00 – Back to the hotel
1900 – Dinner at Ka Lui Restaurant
KA LUI RESTAURANT – a must-place visit for tourists. Ka Lui guests are expected to remove and leave their footwear in the cabinets provided at the entrance door. A must-try is the Ka Lui Special (P325), good for two people. It includes vegetable of the day, tuna steak, steamed prawns and grilled fish. If you’re not too hungry, order the Set Meal (P150), which consists of vegetable of the day, lato, one main course and dessert. All orders come with halaan (clam) soup.
Day 2 – Friday (November 11, 2011)
06:00 – Wake-up call
7:00 – Complimentary Breakfast at Ysabelle Mansion
MAIN ACTIVITY: UNDERGROUND RIVER TOUR
08:00 – Pick-up at the hotel lobby by tour guide/driver Kuya Danny. It will take about 2.5 hours to reach Underground River from the city proper via van. The package is inclusive of air-conditioned land transfers, boat transfers, entrance fees, picnic lunch and licensed tour guide.
10:30 – Arrive at Sabang Beach
12:00 – Lunch Buffet (included in the package)
06:00 – Estimated Time of Arrival at Ysabelle Mansion
1900 – Dinner at Kinabuch Bar & Grill.
KINABUCH BAR & GRILL – Pronounced Kina- Butch, it was named this way because it was owned by Butch Chase. Their menu offers a variety of choices from chicken to pork to seafood. Also it is inexpensive and delectable. They also have a bar for drinking and chatting. They play soft music for good conversation. One can also play darts and billiards or watch soccer/sports events on TV and big screen. For the daring, Kinabuch’s Bar and Grill offers something very different – live mangrove worms! This is a local delicacy, often eaten by locals along with their drinks. Surely a one-of-a-kind gastronomic experience!
Day 3– Saturday (November 12, 2011)
0600 – Wake-up call
0700 – Complimentary Breakfast at Ysabelle Mansion
0800 – Meet the tour guide driver Kuya Danny at the hotel lobby for the van rental.
MAIN ACTIVITY: CITY TOUR (DIY)
- CROCODILE FARM – is where you will encounter one of nature’s most fascinating creatures. It also has a research institute where you can find volumes of research on crocodiles.
- BUTTERFLY FARM – Its main features are lovely, colorful butterflies of all sizes that are not only endemic (unique/not found anywhere else) to Palawan but also other species from around Southeast Asia.
- BAKER’S HILL- is truly a delight for all those who love sweets and baked goods, with its extensive selection of mouth-watering bread. Impressive statues will greet you too!
- MITRA’S RANCH – Mitra’s Ranch is a sprawling property with a log cabin and a beautiful veranda, giving you much room to explore, relax, and take in the sights.
- IWAHIG PRISON AND PENAL FARM– The Iwahig Penal Colony is unique among others of its kind because prisoners are allowed to walk freely, and enjoy the open air and they get to do productive activities such as participate in agricultural projects and handicrafts
- BAYWALK and IMMACULATE CONCEPCION CATHEDRAL
- PLAZA QUARTEL (Garden/Underground Tunnels)
12:30 – End of City Tour
01:00 – Lunch at Badjao Restaurant.
BADJAO SEAFRONT RESTAURANT – There are 2 Badjao Restaurants in Puerto Princesa (the other one is located just within the city proper), so ask to be dropped off in the one that is fronting the sea. The restaurant is built on top of a mangrove habitat, features a nice view of the sea with its large open windows. Also, it’s better if you ask the driver to wait for you as the place is off the beaten track. Best time to go there is lunch.
03:30 –Should be at Puerto Princesa Airport
05:30 –Estimated Time of Departure from Puerto Princesa Airport (Flight 5J640)
07:45 – Estimated Time of Arrival at NAIA 3. Home Sweet Home 🙂